Blustery. Cold. The dead of winter. February can be a tough time for Cincinnatians. Today, it’s 54 and sunny. Next week, there could be a blizzard.
But love is in the air as Valentine’s Day is tomorrow!
In love? Stuff for you to do. Hopelessly single? Stuff for you to do! Here are five events that I’ve circled on my calendar.
- Valentine’s Day Brewmance at Woodburn Brewery in East Walnut Hills. The local craft beer game is strong in Cincinnati. Wooburn is one of the newer players on the scene. They will be pairing beers with delicious chocolate varieties from Chocolats Latour other sweets from Haven Bakery. Stop by for a drink and dessert after dinner.
- Keystone Clifton, Hyde Park, and Covington will be offering half-price wine bottles for your romantic night out! Furthermore, Keystone Covington is offering a dinner special for two that includes an appetizer, two dinner entrees, and a cookie skillet for just $35!
- Love Stinks – A Valentine’s Night Comedy Showcase at Myrtle’s will have you laughing about bad dates and pick-up lines. Join them tomorrow night at 8 PM for drink specials and comedy.
- Gallery Games: Meet Your Match at the Cincinnati Art Museum will combine an anti-Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt, bar, and art. Best part? It’s free! Check it out on Wednesday, February 15 from 5:30-7:40.
- Support Community Shares of Cincinnati and attend their “For the Love of the Community” event on Thursday, February 16 at Hotel Covington from 6-9 PM. Full disclosure: my husband sits on their board. However, I’m a big supporter of their work promoting social, economic and environmental justice! Enjoy food, drinks, and a live auction. Anytime you can combine important non-profit work with a good time, you have my interest.
I love how these events go from Tuesday all the way though Thursday so it’s a full week of fun and love. Next weekend is President’s Day weekend with lots more of events (like Cincinnati Beerfest). It’s a busy month for the shortest month of the year!
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? Comment below!